How to Convert Photos to Digital: Photography Made Easy
Do you want to convert your large collection of photos to digital?
The fact that you are here means that you have a pile of photographs whose memories you wish to keep safe in a more digitized way. Well, you are just in time as this article will help you learn how to convert photos to digital and the benefits of doing so.
With the current rate of technological advancements, many things have been made easy and efficient, like photography. Today, you can easily store and organize your oldest memories in images on a computer. If you own a scanner, it is even better as the whole process of converting photos to digital becomes easier, fun and more convenient.
Here is the best part; when you convert your photos to digital images you make it possible to uses and reuse the photos in different avenues. For example, you can create slide shows to use as screen savers, or just store them on a computer for memory keeping.
You can also use the digital images to create beautiful pieces of art for your home like wall hangings and table mats. Additionally, the images can also be saved and organized neatly in folders on a computer, personal accounts like email and the cloud or on a memory card; this way you can access, retrieve, transfer or share the images with friends or family whenever you want.
What is more, having your scanner for digitizing images is cheaper than using professional digital service providers. It is also convenient as you can scan photos in the comfort of your home.
How to convert photos to digital
There is no set method or instructions for scanning photos to digital images. This is because scanners vary in settings, software and usability. Therefore, it is best if you follow the given instructions in manuals provided with your scanner. However, here are a few guidelines to help you through the process of scanning photos:
- To start with, you should get a scanner if you don’t have one. There are different types of scanners with different features. There are portable scanners which can be used to scan photos on the go and there are flatbed scanners which can be used both at home and in the office. Flatbed scanners can be used to scan multiple documents. All these scanners are priced differently; therefore, depending on your needs and budget, choose a scanner that will enable you to convert photos to digital efficiently.
- With a scanner ready, the first and most important thing to do is to clean both the scanner and the photos you intend to digitize. Remember that scanners have very high sensors that can detect even the tiniest of particles, so it is important to get everything cleaned to remove dirt and dust.
- Next, place your item on the scanner or feed it if it has a feeder and choose your preferred settings e.g. color mode and resolution. If your scanner has specialized features like auto repair for old photos, then you can also set those.
- Once you have the settings right, select a scanning destination. Choosing a destination before scanning items helps you to stay organized and save time trying to look up where the image has been saved. Whether your storage location is on an SD card, computer or personal account, ensure that you create folders and label them accordingly.
- Next, you can preview the images if your scanner has a screen where you can view the images immediately after scanning. If it doesn’t, then just connect to a computer using the provided USB functions and check what has been scanned before you settle on what images to keep or use.
Remember that you can scan as many photos as you want at once if your scanner allows it.
To conclude, take advantage of the above information and learn how to convert photos to digital. Surprise your children with a slide show of their childhood memories or family with a slide show of all the sweet moments you shared with them. Additionally, you can make your presentations more informative and eye-catching by using digital images. Check our reviews to help you choose the best photo scanner to suite your needs.